I was tagged by ladysisyphus
! To play, start by listing 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. When this is done, choose 10 people to be tagged and write their names at the bottom of your list. No tag backs! Those who get tagged then write their own 10-item list in their own journals. Be sure to include this set of rules.
1. When I was little, I was blonde and blue-eyed. I desperately wanted to have black hair and green eyes, as I was convinced these were the most attractive colorings. When I was around 12 or so, my eyes darkened and changed color slowly, over a year or two, and I currently have green eyes. (Well, dark green-grey.) A few years later, my hair started darkening, and has long since passed the point where it could be called blonde, though it's still more light brown than anything. If it ever reaches black, I will be convinced that I caused these changes through sheer willpower.
In retrospect, I probably should have wished for world peace instead.
2. I pretty sure I've never mentioned on livejournal that I have a tattoo. I got it last June, and kept waiting to get a photo to post, but I didn't have a camera, and once I did, I'd forgotten about it. Anyway, it's over my spine, down between my shoulderblades, in henna brown, and is the kanji for muichimotsu
. But not because of Saiyuki! I'd wanted a tattoo for years and years, but could never decide what to get; no matter how much I liked something at the moment, there's just no way to know if I'd still like it in several decades. Twenty years from now, you won't be living in the same world, you won't even be the same person. So what better to get than something which means, essentially, 'changes happens'? I figure if I decide I hate it in the future, it will even be more appropriate. At the moment I answer questions about it by saying that it's a zen koan and sounding philosophical.
And by the way, getting a tattoo does not hurt At All. I was so surprised, because I'd been prepared to be macho and not mind the pain, and then it only felt like a papercut.
3. I memorize things very easily- I once took over the lead role in a play I was in when the lead actress was sick, because I knew all her lines just from having been at rehearsals. On the other hand, I'll forget it just as quickly. This is pretty much as annoying as it is useful, as most things you'd want to memorize are only useful if you can still remember them much later.
4. I try to keep my fingernails painted, because otherwise I'll pick the nails down to the quick.
5. I'm an Aries, a Rat (both the first in their respective zodiacs), and a first-born child. All of these agree that people with these signs should be leaders, aggressive, passionate, short-tempered, and possessive. I am none of these things. But, uh, it's pretty neat that they match up, even if they match up to someone who is not me.
6. I am actually really excited to see the Reno 911!: Miami
movie. Shut up
, Reno 911! is an excellent TV show which is way more funny than anyone gives it credit for. Forget Borat, these guys improvise too, and do a better job of it.
7. I only very rarely ask people for specific things, such as a favor or if they would like to go do something together, and will even be cautious of sending an email or calling someone, because it seems so personal, and to require such attention to be paid to me. I do this because I am secretly convinced that no one likes me, and don't want to turn into the person who hounds you and doesn't understand personal space and never goes away. I am pretty aware that the main consequence of all of it is just to make me seem avoidant though , and so I give everyone permission to ignore me if I seem formal or unfriendly; most likely I'm just trying to spare you from me.
8. I can put my foot behind my head! But only my right foot, which makes it a bit less impressive. Also, my thumb is double-jointed.
9. When flying in an airplane, I think the best moment is when the plane comes in for a landing- just as the wheels first touch the ground, the whole plane sometimes sort of bounces back up before settling down. That little skip is awesome
10. Man, coming up with ten things is hard. Um. I hate how my voice sounds in recordings; I had a lisp when I was little, and there are still faint traces of it in how I speak. Most people (of those who hear it at all, a lot of people say they don't notice anything) end up asking if I was born in England or Australia- those two places far and away get the most guesses for the source of my 'accent', but I personally think it sounds like I am mentally handicapped. Which is the main reason why I won't make a voicepost reading one of my stories like I've seen other people do.
I tag: esrafil